Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Peeking Out From Behind The Clouds

Savant just called me.

He sounded good. He said he can read and study now. He was panicking before, because he had lost that ability, and it had always been easy for him before.

He wants to continue taking one of his classes, and if he gets an F for all his absences, so be it. That sounded, to me, like a mature decision, if the withdrawal from school has not been completed by the offices mentioned in the last entry.

He has completed a bit more than half of the make-up work for the class he wants to keep. I suggested that he find out if they can un-do the withdrawal. Hopefully, it didn't go through yet. Then talk with his teachers.

I am so happy that he wants to TRY. He wants to go, even if he has already earned an inevitable F. There are worse things than a bad grade, and if all this has helped him get his motivation back, I'm thrilled. I just hope he is still enrolled. He needs to be around other people, live on his own, take care of himself, etc.. and not much of that kind of growth will happen if he returns to living at home with Mom and Dad.

One foot in front of the other..

No comments:

Post a Comment