Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Returning The Genie To The Bottle

I'm amazed.

Savant, with his new determination to move forward, and the help of many kind people on campus, and his Dad and me, seems to have reversed his withdrawal from school.

I think he had not wanted anyone to know about his condition, but the Disabled Student's office has been amazing, once he contacted them. I contacted them first and urged him to work with them. They worked to stop the withdrawal process that was already in motion.

He met with the teachers of the last two classes he had not officially withdrawn from before he decided he wanted out of school. They were kind enough to let him know they would let him stay in the classes (Art History, and Fiction Writing). He is so happy.

I'm sorry that I mistakenly thought Mr. Buckley had taken over his body, when I talked to him on Monday. His Dad had to drive to the college to drop off his Rx refills last night. When he got back, I asked him how Savant had seemed. He said he seemed 21. I said that was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment