Pages

Monday, April 24, 2006

Enough With The Jars Already ! ! An Angel Jar

I'll get back to writing some other day. I just feel like putting up more pictures of another jar I haven't seen in a while.

I like angel's depictions in art. If I have a guardian angel, she has a sarcastic sense of humor and must really get a kick out of irony. They do make a pretty jar. After 30 years of collecting pictures, you end up with enough beautiful pictures to make a jar about almost anything. I know it sounds like a syndrome, like a crazy newspaper hoarder or something, but until recently, I always preferred the pictures to the words. Saved the ones I liked.


Putting pictures on something that sits in view, is like having my favorite book open to a picture I like. I look at the book case in my office and I am sane enough not to tear up all the books and paste the pictures to the wall, but don't think I don't want to! That is where bottles and jars come to the rescue! I don't know if I'm making Folk Art or tacky tchotchkes, but you'd be wise to call them fabulous to my face.



No comments:

Post a Comment