Pages

Saturday, September 08, 2007

I've Missed You

I put all of my blog entries into storage, as saved drafts, when I had an inexplicable and overwhelming urge to be quiet.

Then my brother died. I miss him so much. And I miss his blog entries at The Mandarin.
I want to keep writing email to him. I asked Savant if that would be weird, and he said that it is actually recommended as a part of dealing with loss, to write letters to the person who had died. Still, there won't be replies.

I have spent some time working on another blog: OBSERVING SCHIZOPHRENIA IN AMERICA An introduction to the "Tag The Loony, Collect A Check" branch of American psychiatry. Schizophrenia from a parent's point of view.
I'm probably going to put the posts that pertain to that subject over there.

Savant found a new psychiatrist and a new medication early this year and a miracle has happened in regards to his level of sanity. It has been nothing short of awesome to see the change in him. While this wonderful thing has happened, I have great deal of anger toward the doctors that "treated" him previously. Why were they satisfied to leave him in Hell? Anyway, that is what the other blog is for.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for him (and of course for you!). I'm curious...if it won't violate your son's privacy, what is the new med? I've just finished with the Psych nursing portion of nursing school and am interested in all things Psych. My son is also better for now. Since he's also a heavy substance abuser to go with the Bipolar, he'll be in treatment for probably a year, but he's been med compliant and clean for 70 days and that's the longest period of time in the past 10 years, so good for both of our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clozapine (some people mistakenly think I mean Klonopin) is the new medicine. He has to get a blood test every week and have the results faxed to the pharmacy before they will dispense it. Serious stuff, but it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as his blood levels stay good, he'll probably get to lessen the blood tests after a while to maybe every two weeks. The best part (aside from the obvious...his ability to funtion) is that there are fewer EPS than the older drugs. That really helps with compliance!

    ReplyDelete