Pages

Friday, December 28, 2007

A Thunderbolt To the Liar

*"When you are drowning and you reach out for help, what you grab onto, usually, is another drowning person." - Melanie Waters Bigelow

*"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievences complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." -George Bernard Shaw

*"Be mild with the mild, shrewd with the crafty, confiding to the honest, rough to the ruffian, and a thunderbolt to the liar. But in all this, never be unmindful of your own dignity."
- John Brown

*"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." -Will Rogers

*"Not all who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

*"My whole life has been Go. I want to know what Stay feels like."- Me again

*"You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."- John Bunyan

*"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."- Ernest Hemingway

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year FD. The Shaw is (was?) me. The clod that is. The Tolkien gives me hope. The Will Rogers reminds me of my Grandma might have said on a good day.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I hope you have a happy New Year also. I need to keep these quotes handy as reminders. I also think, as I had a couple of deaths in the family this year, about "gone, gone beyond, gone beyond beyond". Quite similar to the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Gems, each one. You're contributions are as meaningful as the rest. LOVE IT...

    ReplyDelete