Pages

Monday, August 01, 2005

No Sleep Last Night

Savant has been out of the mental hospital for about a month. They try to empty the beds there as rapidly as possible and before the medication has had a chance to reach full effectiveness. This puts me in a situation where I, basically spend my days with someone who is seeing a different mental movie than the rest of us. I reached the end of my rope and fell off a long time ago.

Finally tonight he trusted me enough to go, with me, to the emergency room and seek help for his panic and still delusional thinking. They gave him something to quell tonight's panic and enough pills to see him through until he can get an emergency appointment with his psychiatrist. We'll see how that goes, they are usually booked up for at least a month. But he really needs to have his medications adjusted to give him any peace of mind.

Anyway it was such a relief to see him sleep when we got home at 2:00 A.M. He has been frightened and has had such a hard time getting any sleep, for so long.
The computer clock says it is now 5:02 A.M. Time for me to try to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment