Pages

Monday, October 09, 2006

Trust The Mandarin

One of my earliest memories just popped into my head.

I was probably about 3 years old. I was crouched down on the sidewalk in front of our house, poking my finger into a blob of chocolate, preparing to taste it, when my brother informed me that just because it is soft and brown does not mean it is chocolate. He provided me with a short list of other possible soft brown sidewalk blobs and that was the day I decided to always believe my brother. And, to stop eating stuff I found on the ground, no matter how much it looked like candy.

*****

This might explain why one of my favorite jokes is from "Pinkie and the Brain" (they are cartoon mice). Pinkie asks the Brain, "What's brown and sticky?" The Brain is pretty sure he knows the answer, but knowing how important it is to Pinkie to fool him, says,"I don't know, Pinkie, what's brown and sticky?" and Pinkie says, " A STICK!" and Pinkie and I laugh our asses off! Everyone says the joke isn't funny, which makes me laugh even harder.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is funny as hell. That's right on the level of Ren and Stimpy stuff.

    ReplyDelete