Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Hard Work

This entry is a copy of an email I sent in reply to a Christian oriented chain letter type email that was mostly pretty, but creepy in places. My mother wanted me to reply to it. As usual, I couldn't just say thank you. I had to send a critique. I refuse to be anyone but me! Gets me in trouble with people who have better impulse control:

Greetings, Namaste, Bless You, Allah Rocks, take your pick,

Thanks, nice message, except for the guilt trip and shaming: I don't think God stoops so low. The "god" that would say: "You didn't have time for me, so I didn't make time for you", is just soooo not my image of God.
Church people: makes it seem analogous to racism. Makes me a bit sad that some people believe that by choosing not to attend a designated house of worship, a person will not be able to see God in everything that exists and all that does not exist to our limited senses; in suffering and in joy.
You are not required to do the "Hard Work" gracefully, crying is NOT proof that you don't Love while you suffer or bitch at God for letting you help others, no matter how much it takes a toll on you.
If I'm not mistaken, that is what Jesus was doing: the Hard Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment