Pages

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Leave Out The Sad Parts

There are no do-overs, but I was thinking about how much in love my daughter and her husband seem to be and it made me remember how much I loved my first husband. Nothing about our marriage was perfect, but I loved him with all I had. I hope she gets to live the loved life I couldn't. There must be couples on this earth that chose so well that they stay dizzy with love their whole lives. Why couldn't that be true? We all know there are all levels of suffering. Let Buddha be wrong just once.

My first husband, me and our son, 1973

Maybe I could retell my life's stories and put all the bad parts in footnotes. That way, if you don't read the footnotes, you can see what a blissful life I've had.

2019 Post Script: I do not define everything through my past pain anymore. Older / Wiser. I truly did not understand how to choose relationships that would be healthy for me. So, I see the past differently now and know that it was not someone else's fault that I was unhappy. Now let's talk about something funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment