Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Is Everyone In Italy?

Any of you who have read my posts for over a year may remember that I went to Italy last December. And it was not good, for me or Italy. I was totally stressed out before I went and I met up with my daughter who had been living there, for a jaunt that would take in towns all over the country, while dragging along many bags, one that was the size and weight of a small refrigerator, and the one that gave my daughter the most trouble, that was the size and weight of her mother.

At least two of my sisters and my mother are going to be in Venice until the end of next week, and now I read in my brother's blog that he has also headed to a gorgeous spot in Italy. The picture on his last entry is of Ravello on the Amalfi Coast line. Gorgeous! I can still picture the ocean views of Gore Vidal's cliff hugging home there, from Architectural Digest.

So, I feel like it is time to tell Italy that I'm ready for a second date.

1 comment:

  1. It is called La Rondinaia ("The Swallow's Nest"). Gore sold it, the locals told me. A couple of local investors supposedly paid about $18 million dollars for it. You can't see it from the town or even from the pathways of the adjacent Villa Cimbrone, where we walked maybe 500 feet from it and couldn't see it at all. Only from the road below do you get that famous view.

    http://fancydirt.blogspot.com/2006/10/trust-mandarin.html

    ReplyDelete