Pages

Monday, October 10, 2005

Check Granny's Blog Archives For That Story

from Saturday, April 16, 2005

I never can remembered who I've inflicted my stories on. Now I don't have to, that is what my blog is for. (I know that is not proper English, it should be "upon whom I have inflicted", but that is not how I speak.) This is one of those disclaimers I'm trying to stop using. So I frequently preface a story with "If you've heard this already, just say, "Heard it." I won't be at all offended."

Someone recently pointed out that hearing the disclaimer so many times is worse than hearing a story more than once.

I'm picturing a future where, as we become older, we say things like, "Check Granny's blog archives for that story, it may have "drooling snouts" in the title." I picture myself at the old folks home, with my own drooling snout, wearing a t-shirt with my blog address on it. They better have computers in old folks homes by then. Famous last words may become replaced by famous last entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment