Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Your Gash

The following is part of yesterday's email exchange with my youngest sister who lives in California.
.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

From my sister to me:
This will make you laugh. This week I had an appointment at the jeweler to have my engagement ring and ring guards cut off so I can have some prongs fixed. The rings have been stuck on me for years but it didn't matter till now with the broken prongs....
OK - Wednesday morning I go in and the guy starts doing his thing with the little saw. 10 seconds later it feels like someone is cutting my hand off. The idiot has slipped or was drunk or staring at my tits or whatever and is sawing a gash into the palm of my hand right at the base of my finger. Blood goes everywhere. It's about 3/4 of an inch long and DEEP, blood blood blood. No one does shit. No eye contact. I have a McDonalds' napkin in my purse so I start applying pressure. I ask a salesman for ice. I sit there for 10 minutes trying to stop the bleeding and finally I tell the guy - "I'm going to have to go get this taken care of. I think I need stitches". He says he thinks I should also get a tetanus shot. No one apologizes, no one offers to drive me, no one even asks me for my name. I had made the appointment directly with the jeweler and he said just come in and never asked my name. They buzzed me out the security door and I went to the ER and got it fixed up. ??????????

I'm trading phone messages now with the store owner.

love, K.

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

From me to my sister:
OH JEEZUS! Law suit!!!!! You should have gone screaming through the show room flinging blood everywhere instead of going out the back way; but I never think of that kind of thing at the time either! Take pictures! Did you take your rings with you? I hope you did. They may have CZ's in them when you come to pick them up!
Hay! It just occurred to me that in 6 months you will have to be tested for HIV, and hepatitus before that. Who knows how many other people have been hit with that same blade? Yikes, and I thought a nail salon was crawling with potential danger!

Love, Me

[*I then decided to call her, because I had titled my return email, "Your Gash" and it occurred to me after I had hit the send button that it could be taken another way, and her smut-filter might kick it into Spamland. She was out so I talked with her husband for a while. She did get the email.]

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

From my sister to me:
Ha ha ha. Sorry I missed your call! What makes it worse is that he had just started the sawing, so the rings are still stuck on my hand and the prongs are still broken, so I have a bandaid over the diamond and the rings have saw marks in them. I have to go through the procedure again! The ER folks said I could come back and they would do it or I could go to my doctor. $$$$$$$
?????????
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment